1) The first research programme in India will be conducted at the prestigious Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi. Escorts hospital is internationally renowned for state- of -the-art facilities, services and technology. They are also involved in providing highest quality healthcare as well as conducting independent and collaborative research studies and trials in various specialized fields.
2) The clinical study on Intermittent Claudication (Smoker’s Legs) has been approved by the Independent Ethics Committee and will be conducted by Dr. Ashok Gupta,Consultant Vascular Surgeon and Dr. Naresh Trehan, Executive Director and Chief Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon. Title of study: A clinical placebo-controlled study to investigate the effects of Pulsed electroPain Management Therapy on patients suffering from intermittent claudication, in the Indian scenario.
3) A clinical study is also being conducted at The Faculty of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy at Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, which is internationallyrenowned for excellence in education and research. Guru Nanak Dev University has been awarded a 5 star status (the highest level) by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and their Centre for Excellence in Sports provides medical treatment and rehabilitation to athletes of national and international repute.
4) The University will be conducting extensive and specialized research on the beneficial effects of the PEMF Therapy in sports injuries under the guidance of Dr.Jaspal Sandhu, Dean of Faculty of Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.Collated with clinical evidence and experience from PEMF Clinics, the Indian research project can open new avenues in the management of major and minor sports injuries.
5) A research project is also proposed to be conducted at the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, Vasant Kunj, N.Delhi. I.S.I.C is an Indo Italian project in collaboration with San Raffale Hospital, Milan (Italy). It is the biggest spinal injury centre in India with the largest & well-equipped state of the art facilities of patient care. A clinical placebo-controlled study to investigate the effects of Pulsed electroPain Management Therapy on Fracture Healing in the Indian scenario will be conducted at I.S.I.C under the supervision of Dr. H.S.Chhabra, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Addl. Medical Director, I.S.I.C.
6) A research project in Orthopedic Unit 3 in C.M.C. Vellure is on going and AIIMS New Delhi Orthopedic department is starting soon.